Friday, August 7, 2015

Character Design process for the final story


So our final story main character is either horse/ giraffe /Shetland pony or Okapi
so I chose to do horse for my main character. 
Our sub character is rhino and I will be developing this character soon as well.

After drawing in a real horse form I decided to simplify down my character into more circular shape

Playing with shapes

Still playing with shapes

Then I chose baymax as my character model
so I could develop my character further

which didn't quite work out well.




Here was the point that I got stuck and decided to brainstorm why the character need a horn
From this point I wanted to give a personality to my character so I could keep developing it.

This horse character needs a horn because he doesn't like himself that much
rather than being him self he wants to be something else.

assuming this he is quite timid, not that attractive at all.. 

I've tried to make my character into unattractive shaggy horse

In this drawing i tried to make him look like an idiot 
with tongues out and eyes out of focus.

He looks like a wimp out of confidence


I've adjusted his Scale to see what suits him best
(skinny and average size of head fitted him the best)

Silhouette drawing

After all this sketching I realized my character looked similar to Family guy characters

so I tried to draw him into more clear basic shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment